Monday 3 November 2014

VAK


        Now, it is the time for me to talk about my learning styles which lead me to become a high achiever, hope you enjoy it and you might also learn my methods in order to rectify the problems you might face when you are in the midst to get get a better grades in your examinations.


The methods or tools I will be taking about here is the so-called "VAK Tools" which 'V' stands for visual, 'A' stands for auditory and 'K' stands for kinesthetic. The diagram bellow is the simplified diagram of the VAK Tools with some examples .



    Many people says that studying is boring, this is because they do not really know the ways which they can study efficiently, which then often get bored easily when studying. So, the best way to solve this problem is to make sure what are your suitable learning styles.

    To check on my suitable learning styles, I have done a test that is VAK learning styles self-test: Victoria Chislett MSc and Alan Chapman 2005.From the test, my 'V' is 33.3%, 'A' is 13.3% and 'K' is 53.3%.

    Thus, I can conclude that my learning styles are more related to the 'V' and 'K' methods. I cannot just learn something via 'A' method, which is just all about 'listening'. To me , if I want to know the knowledge, principles and concepts clearly, I must do some notes, which I will then colour them nicely so that I can remember the things I jotted down. This method is an example of 'V', visual.

    Lastly, I can learn something better through 'K', which is through actions. For instance, to make sure that I can know the Physics principles and concepts well, I will do a lot of exercises related to the topics and finally I got all all of the principles and concepts clear in my mind.


    Now I am pretty sure that you guys can figure out when learning method suits you well, do check it out and try it! You will not regret after you have tried!


   

No comments:

Post a Comment